Wig Care 101
To ensure your full satisfaction, please follow this recommended hair care guide.
#1 Question is how do I make my extensions last 2+ years?
Hair used is 100% Virgin hair extensions that lift to color #27. Wigs lift to color #613. With proper care and maintenance, wigs can be bleached, dyed, colored and styled to your desired look.
How to wash Straight/Bodywave wigs & extensions:
- Before washing, carefully detangle your hair starting from the tips, working your way up to the weft.
- Use lukewarm water and rinse from root to ends, being careful not to soak or rub. This can lead to tangling.
- Loosen shampoo in your hands and work through the hair. Distribute a small amount of shampoo evenly throughout the hair. Hair must be cleansed regularly w/ sulfate-free shampoo to maintain softness & manageability. Avoid shampoos with lemon, tea-tree oil & mint! The acidity will strip the moisture of your extensions. Hair extensions should not be handled rigorously and should always be shampooed in a downward motion.
- When conditioning your hair, leave in for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Let lukewarm water flow in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Squeeze and press the hair. Keep hair clean and oil-free by washing weekly with lukewarm water.
- Towel blot to remove excess water. Air dry on a wig stand. Tip: Gently part the hair with a comb before wig dries.
- Do NOT use oil products excessively on your hair. It will cause the hair to weigh down.
How to wash Deep Wave/Kinky Curly wigs & extensions:
- Apply the same technique as above, I suggest using a very good moisturizing conditioner. Curly hair textures are drier than straight and body wave hair and require extra moisture for a luscious look.
- Apply a rich moisturizing conditioner and comb hair with a wide tooth comb. Start with the ends and work your way up to the weft.
- Leave conditioner for at least 15 minutes or more.
- Do NOT massage the hair.
- Rinse thoroughly & scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls.
- When damp, apply a dime size amount of an anti-frizz alcohol free hair serum for a more tamed look.
- Air drying is preferred but you may gently pat the hair with a towel to get excess water out.
- Do NOT use oil products excessively on curly hair, it will cause matting.
- Do NOT brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle & break off.
- NOTE: Co-washing is heavily recommended to clean the extensions and maintain its luster at least 3 times a week.
Bed Time and Daily care for your wigs & extensions:
- Before going to bed, braid into one loose braid or 1 large bantu knot (or bun) & wrap a satin silk edge scarf around your edges. Follow up with a bonnet.
- After waking up, undo braid, bantu knot or bun and comb using a wide tooth comb (or paddle brush) hair beginning at the ends and working your way up to the roots.
- Style as needed.
- For bouncy heatless waves, style with flexi-rods or pin curls.
- Keep styling products to a minimum to prevent weighing down the hair. Products must be designed to protect the cuticle, moisturize, shine, smooth and detangle hair.